I’ve been quite busy with University work (as I’m sure you guys have too) so this is just a quick recipe to help you through revision season! The holidays can’t come soon enough for me, so this recipe is for a light, summery wrap – a great choice for a healthy al fresco lunch. I’ll be making some to take to the library with me this week! It’s packed with fresh, colourful veggies and the sweet red onion tastes delish with the zingy lemon and tomatoes, and as if that’s not enough, it goes perfectly with hummus.
1 wholemeal tortilla wrap
Hummus ½ yellow or orange pepper
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Handful of sweetcorn
1 tsp of olive oil
½ a small red onion chopped
A squeeze of a lemon
Baby salad leaves
Recipe for a Sunshine Wrap
All you have to do is…
- Pop some sweet corn on to boil while you slice the tomatoes into quarters and the pepper into little strips.
- Fry these chopped veggies in a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper for around 10 minutes.
- Grab a tortilla wrap (remember brown and wholemeal are more sustainable!) and fill with it lots and lots of hummus. I used the Lemon and Coriander one from Tesco to get an extra lemony flavour, but if you have the time, feel free to make it yourself!
- Finely chop a small red onion and pop it into the tortilla wrap with some salad leaves.
- Once the veg is cooked, add that in too and squeeze some lemon juice over everything – be extra generous if you’ve used a classic hummus instead of the lemon and coriander one.
Finally, fold your wrap – it’s hard to do this neatly when there’s so much filling but it really doesn’t matter when it’s this tasty. Pop it onto a plate with some salad and enjoy it in the sunshine!
Happy Meat-Free Monday 🙂
About the Author: Lydia Hayman is currently studying English at the University of Exeter alongside writing her Meat-Free Mondays column at Wild Magazine.